FUNDACIÓN INSTITUCIÓN TERESIANA may collect information through files such as cookies or log files about the navigation of users through https://institucionteresiana.org/. These devices are associated exclusively with a single user and their own access device.
1.- What is a Cookie?
Cookies are files containing small amounts of information that are downloaded to the user's device used when visiting a website.
Cookies are a tool used by Web servers to store and retrieve information about their users. It is nothing more than a text file that some servers ask the browser to write to your hard drive, with information about what you have done on the website. They have an expiration date, which can range from the duration of the session to a specified future date, after which they are no longer operational.
Cookies are essential for the functioning of the Internet; they cannot damage the user's computer/device and, if enabled in your browser settings, they help us to identify and resolve possible malfunctions of https://institucionteresiana.org/.
2.- Types of Cookies
Cookies are divided into several types of classifications: by who is the one who uses these cookies, by the purpose of their use and by the length of time they remain activated.
a) By who is the owner, they are classified into:
- Own Cookies: Those that we send to your computer or terminal from our website.
- Third-party cookies: Those that are sent to your computer or terminal from a domain or a web page that is not managed by us, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
b) By purpose, they are classified as follows:
- Functional Cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page and the use of the different options or services that exist in it.
- Personalization Cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal such as, for example, would be the language, the type of browser through which you access the service, the locale from which you access the service, etc
- Analysis Cookies: These are those that are well treated by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of our website. To do this we analyze the navigation on our website in order to improve the supply of products or services we offer.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that store information on user behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows us to develop a specific profile to display advertising based on the same.
c) By permanence, they are classified as follows
- Session Cookies: These are those designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They disappear at the end of the user's session.
- Persistent Cookies: These are those in which the data are still stored in the terminal, and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
FUNDACIÓN INSTITUCIÓN TERESIANA uses on its website https://institucionteresiana.org/ functional cookies, necessary to correctly display the website and ensure the proper functioning of https://institucionteresiana.org/ and analytical cookies, which are used to analyze user behavior in aggregate and anonymous form including the number of visitors to the website and different internal pages, the origin of the visit, day and time, platform, search words used by a user to find the desired content.
- To personalize the user's navigation, to recognize the user's language and to balance the load of the website.
- To be able to make improvements to the website and to know what content or design is most relevant to the user.
FUNDACIÓN INSTITUCIÓN TERESIANA cannot read the cookies implemented in the hard disk of the user's computer/terminal from other Web Servers different from its own.
In the following table you can consult the cookies used in https://institucionteresiana.org/, its purpose, if it is own or from third parties and its duration.
4.- Use of Google Analytics Cookies.
The website https://institucionteresiana.org/ uses analytics cookies from Google Analytics (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View. California. CA 94043, United States). These cookies do not collect personal information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the site works.
More information about Google Analytics cookies can be found here.
You can prevent the use of Google Analytics in connection with your use of http:// by downloading and installing the browser add-on available through here.
5.- Cookies configuration.
The user can block Cookies through the browser configuration tools, or you can set your browser to notify you when a server wants to save a Cookie.
- If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer, you will find the option in the menu Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings. More information here.
- If you use Firefox, you will find the option in the menu Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies. More information here.
- If you use Chrome, in the Options > Advanced Options > Privacy section. More information here.
- If you use Opera, in the Security and Privacy option, you can configure the browser. More information here.
- If you use Safari you will find the option in the Preferences/Privacy menu. More information here.